Friday, September 28, 2012

Three Fabulous Fashionable Flying Attire


Hello fellow travelers! If you're like me, you enjoy dressing up. Not necessarily for other people (though that doesn't hurt), but for yourself. When you know you look good, it not only boosts your self confidence, but gives you that extra "oomph". With the right clothing, it's as almost if you could yell, "here I am world, give me your worst!"and you could totally kick any bad day in the booty with your knee high boots. 

Aside from looking good however, I also want to be comfortable. Oh, I should probably mention I want both of those things while flying 30,000 feet in the air. It surely can't be done, right?!? Oh, but it can. I have compiled a list of three Glam Traveler flying-approved outfits from frumpy to fabulous. I have personally worn and tested each of them, and they are perfect for those long (and cold!) airplane flights. 

1. The Red Eye

Okay, I completely understand the need for wearing a sweatshirt at the airport. It's comfy, it's easy, it's casual. At least class the sweatshirt up a bit by wearing leggings, which are equally as comfortable. Throw on some sparkly flats and a fabulous purse, and this look goes from frumpy to fantastic. A simple track sweatshirt never looked so good. 



Leggings by Decree. Purse by Coach. 

2. Bad-Ass Business Class

Sometimes, you just don't want to be messed with. This outfit let's people know you mean business, while having the added bonus of wearability. While pairing a fun tank with a faux leather (yay for animals) jacket & boots, you can get to your destination in style! Oh, and don't let anyone tell you you can't mix brown with black (like my outfit below). Some rules can and should be broken (especially with my cute owl purse!!). 



Top by Forever 21. Jacket by JouJou. Leggings by Decree. Boots by Studio Works.


3. On my way to Santa Fe


You can't get much cuter or more practical than this outfit. It's trendy, yet super comfortable. If you want to up the ante, add a belt. I've paired this dress with a scarf for a pop of color, a medium size purse, and flats. If you get cold on airplanes (like me) pack a pair of socks in the purse and bring a zip up. You could also easily wear some tights or leggings (any color) with boots. 

Dress by Buttons. Purse by Kathy Van Zeeland. 



And there you have it, a list of three awesome outfits that get my stamp of approval. After all, fashion+comfort=perfection. What are your go-to styles for flying? As always, questions and comments appreciated!


xoxo, The Glam Traveler







No comments:

Post a Comment